Only 19 km away from the “Queens of Hill” Darjeeling town, Lepchjagat offers an ultimate tranquility to its visitors and thus becomes one of the prime attractions to the nature lovers and honeymoon couples. (lepchajagat in darjeeling)
Situating at 6,956 ft above the sea level, amidst dense forests of oaks, pines, and rhododendrons, Lepchajagat is a hidden jewel of Darjeeling Himalayan range. Away from the rush of tourist, this place appears with an extremely serene ambiance providing the pictorial view of Mt. Kanchanjungha.
The name of the place signifies the place: the assembly of two words ‘Lepcha’ and ‘Jagat’ explains the place as the world of hilly Lepcha tribe. Presently, the dense forest with rich biodiversity has been undertaken by the West Bengal Forest Development Corporation.
Close to Darjeeling, Lepchajagat is a sparsely populated hamlet without having any big marketplace. and a concealed holiday gateway for the specific tourists who prefer to avoid the maddening crowd and spend solitary holidays into the lap of nature.
Things to do in Lepchajagat
No packed schedule, no busy activities, rather Lechajagat is a refreshing place to feel the nature by staying into the nature. Away from madding crowd you may enjoy your peaceful holidays with your loved one; you have only a few things to do here, though these are lots in a real sense:
- Trekking through the evergreen forest of pines, oaks, and rhododendrons; experience the Himalayan flora, and melody of unknown birds and insects in the trail of dense forest.
- Enjoying the splendid view of Snow-capped Himalayan range.
- Speculating the ever-precious sunrise view from the horizon.
- Watching and photo-snapping of exotic Himalayan Birds are the prime attraction in Lepchajagat. It’s a heaven of bird photographers.
- Finding the inner peace with the serenity of the place.